Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Oops

Sorry, I lost track of time and missed posting last week. And this week is late. It's been mostly rainy and gloomy, and often cold these past few weeks. We had a couple days of clear skies and sun, before returning to damp and gloom. I just want a chance to dry out.

Anyway, a young man I know asked me about mom's bed. I had made a couple posts on social media looking for a new home for it. We were supposed to take care of it last weekend, but as I was unloading my car (from the groceries I hadn't taken inside because it was raining), and the rain was starting again, I tripped and fell. I hurt my knee, got mud all over my jeans, and had to clean up the stuff that fell in the damp and dirt. I'd already dealt with a migraine, I decided enough was enough, I turned around and spent the rest of the day on the couch.

That turned out to be a good thing, because CD was able to go with me on Sunday, so he helped carry the bed frame. It was a bit much for one person. LE (the young man getting the bed) strapped the lot to his car and took off, slowly and carefully, for home. The rain had stopped so that was one less concern. He got the bed back home intact.

It's a nice bed. It's full size, but has 8 full-sized drawers in the frame. And the drawers have cedar pressboard liners. It's just too tall for mom to be safe using it.

Now that there's room, I'll need to get her a reclining chair and a glass-front cabinet to replace the bed. She has a daybed, so she has a place to sleep. But the reclining chair will give her a place to watch tv and to go to sleep if she gets sick. The glass front cabinet is to replace the drawers. A bookcase might do as well, but I think the glass fronts look better.

The forsythia, tulip poplars, and buttercups are blooming so spring is on the way. It just doesn't feel like it.

I've started my 2019 temperature scarf. I spent time planning the colors, then I learned I couldn't find half my thread. As a result, I'm using the thread I could find. I'm using beads for the extraordinary weather days. Each day is a flower, each week is a row. I'll add extra flowers in a single thread to make up the rest of the month and provide dividers. I may use metallic thread to tat the month dividers; a row of split rings perhaps.




No comments: