Sunday, January 21, 2024

Special Project

I was asked to help with a special project at work, so less time for blog posts, etc.

I managed to catch up on the 2024 Temperature Tat Along but I have 1 project in progress and 3 more that I want to start. I am working on a bun cover like my 'oops, that's not a doily' in darker colors. I need to get a styrofoam ball to use to block it though.

18 square tatted motifs, after 1st metallic silver blue one, are set alternating square & on-point. Motifs have 2 colors, inner is low temp & outer is high temp.
up to January 17th temperature shawl

 I need to decide what threads I want to use for the marker motifs; January, February, etc. I did find some black filament to add if we get hit by a hurricane or similar horrible weather.

I also want to try the helix tatting bracelet (pattern by Richard Embrey). I need to load beads for it, though.

The online tatting class is working on an early 20th century hat pattern; translating the pattern and then tatting it. I have the 1st 11 or 12 rounds translated to modern but I haven't started it yet. 

Plus there, a chrysanthemum brooch pattern from the 1940s I want to do. I have the beads loaded for it but I haven't started it yet. 

It's been so cold. I've been wearing layers every day, plus wearing my warm boots most days.

Yesterday, I took a class on sashiko. We did a small piece in the shippo pattern. I finally understand how to do it. I have tried kits but I just couldn't comprehend them. The fault lies with me, not the kits I believe. 


I'm thinking of joining A Twisted Picot's Sashiko-a-long in February.

square of blue fabric with white overlapping circles embroidered on it
My first sashiko

No comments: