Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Look, 2 posts in 2 weeks (plus a bonus poem last week)

WotC/Hasbro backed off the OGL thing. Whether they'll stay backed off is another matter. They are determined to get more money from gamers and it's only a question of how they'll do it. And how badly they'll damage their brand when they do it.

I've been watching Online Tatting Class founded by Georgia Seitz, currently taught by Tami Montgomery. Yes, I've been tatting for decades but there are always new tricks and tips to learn. I still haven't mastered the Catherine Wheel Join for example.

I'm making a little tat journal. It's to keep notes about how many double stitches per inch, how many inches of thread to tat 10 knots, thread notes, samples, etc. I'm doing a much smaller one, because I'm using an old pocket calendar, maybe 2"by3" (~5cmx7.6cm). The pages are mostly blank, which is what I need, I already have it, and the cover is sturdy. I've started covering it in collage of printed paper and tatted scraps. It's a work in progress. I'm debating whether to use some of the plethora of one-ring tatted flowers I have.

I have been sewing in ends on my 2022 scarf. (insert groan here) and I pulled out a WIP edging & finished off the shuttle. I wish I could remember the pattern source.

Edging in size 40 Lizbeth #149

Plus Jane Eborall's Tat It And See 2023 (day 8)


I am in 2 games now. One is a D&D 5e (4 siblings & a cousin) and the other is Pathfinder (stranded caravan guards). I am playing a bard in both. This may have been a mistake. 

And I've cut my hair. It's only mid-back now.




No comments: