Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Take Time to Slow Down

 One of my old posts (from 2010) got flagged for spam. It was 2 short paragraphs and had links to books and stuff. My guess is that one of the links had expired and been replaced by something unfriendly. Rather than figure out which of the 6 (I think) links it was, I just removed all of them. If you can even find that blog post, I'm guessing you know how to use a search engine.

Last Thursday was my birthday and I was going to take a vacation day, but I had 2 meetings. So instead, I was going to take a half-day and work remotely. Except 1 meeting got postponed. No problem, I'll check in, do some work, get lunch, go to the afternoon meeting and end my work day early. 

Except my work laptop (borrowed for 2 weeks, or so I thought, in March 2020) hadn't been updated and didn't like my new password. I couldn't do any work. When IT reached me, we agreed he'd fix it today (cause he had to physically update it anyway). 

That night was gaming (the 5e Dnd game) and my friend RG gave me 2 presents. I haven't listened to the CD yet because it's going to have to be either at work or on my laptop because my car doesn't have a cd player. I wonder if they still sell those, with a USB plug to connect to my car (note to self - search later). I've read some of the book, and I've peeked at the patterns in the back.



Friday, since I didn't get Thursday off, I took completely off work. Didn't even look at my work computer.  Just took it easy. Played a little Lord of the Rings Online, which I hadn't done in ages. Or at least, that was the plan, except when we got back from lunch we had not cable or internet. We finally got a little bit of play in before sleepy time intervened.

Richard Embry hosted a Tat n' Chat (this system hates the ampersand) on Saturday. It was lovely. Jane E & Sue H both made it. Plus a bunch of other tatting friends on this side of the pond.

I got some tatting done! Including earrings from One Shuttle Tatting.

Saturday I didn't get any sewing done, but Sue Hanson pointed me to a video with a bag tutorial. I think it will work very well for my next shopping bag. I have some banner fabric I got from Scrap Exchange that will work quite well IMO. 

Sunday and Monday I just lazed around. I did call my Dad on Monday to wish him a happy Memorial Day. We did hit the grocery story, despite the mizzle and hit some really good sales. Our end total was basically cut in half (thanks to sales and coupons).

Tuesday I had to do the work stuff I didn't get done on Thursday but at least I dodged the rain.

And Karen Bovard-Sayre is trying to get TattingTube off the ground. Link is to the 1st one and well, it's a 1st video and intro. Her 2nd video really explains what she's doing much better.

And some tatting.





No comments: