Saturday, June 10, 2023

Gaming and shopping

 I finally tried on my 'go to wedding' dress, that I haven't worn in about 10 years. No real surprise, it doesn't fit. I have a wedding to attend at the end of the month so I need to go shopping. I'm frugal (cough, cheap) regarding clothes (and I have an intense dislike of fast fashion) so it's off to the thrift shops. 

My 1st foray was unsuccessful. It's a late afternoon, outdoor wedding so I want a sleeveless dress, and I have a bolero style sweater to wear over it. Naturally, white is completely unacceptable. No matter how pretty that white eyelet is. And yellow makes me look like I have jaundice. Guess what the 2 most popular summery dress colors are.

I did find a really cute gingham dress, but that's a bit too casual for this wedding. I have been to 2 weddings it would have been just fine, so it all depends. I think I found another one. I took a picture and showed it to a couple people and thought it was nice. It's a pretty floral sundress. 

Spaghetti strap floral dress on a hanger

It's a bit shorter than I had in mind, but I'm short too so it's about knee length on me instead of being a mini-dress. No hemming necessary! And 2/3 of the dresses I saw were either minis or maxis, so I was glad to find something I felt comfortable wearing. And the other third had that very fashionable 'looks like a 2-piece from the back' design.

Our Pathfinder game was this past weekend. Everyone made it (except the one person who I suspect has dropped out, alas). Our characters are now 4th level! Yay! 

We also have our 5e game on Thursday. We got the maguffin last session, but not in the right way. Now we need to correct that (story below).

Button with frill of attached tatting and two beaded length of tatting


5e story: The maguffin is a magic item that has to be stolen to work for the new owner, it can't be given or sold. We were commissioned to get it, in exchange for something we need. The 1 family member who really doesn't believe this is a good idea got it but she didn't sign the contract with the person who commissioned us. So she can only give it to them. Except, if she does that, it no longer works. The only way it would work, is if someone who did sign the contract (aka other family members with her), steal it from her. As agents of said person, it will be properly stolen.

No comments: