Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Tatting, TV & a great Haiti essay

Tat It And See is done. Heeeeere's Norman:
Day 3
 








Day 4
Day 5








Day 6
Day 7
Day 8








Day 9

Day 10











Day 11

Allll Done

I started it on the way home last night and finished it up while watching TV, in addition to cooking supper (it was my turn).

We finally watched The Green Lantern: First Flight animated movie. That, plus the next to most recent The Clone Wars episode and The Big Bang Theory (Sheldon in the ball pit was an absolute scream). The latter made me really want to hear One Night in Bangkok again. Maybe I should just see if iTunes has it. I don't really want the entire album.

I did 'find' some black ice on the walk home. None of them were a very big patch, thankfully. If it hadn't been, I might have slipped and fallen. Mostly I walked in the snow and 'grey' ice. It was just at sunset and already it was starting to freeze. Glad I got home when I did, blech. And then there's the commute tomorrow morning. That's going to be fun. At least I don't have to drive.

Someone referred me to this essay and it struck me as really powerful. This woman is an anthropology student who was in Haiti during the earthquake. Read what she wrote, please.

No comments: