Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I've Been Sick

I swear, I had one month without illness since October. It's been one thing after another. I had viral bronchitis from October to January. I had a month of good health before I caught a nasty cold, that turned into a sinus infection. On day 8 of the anti-biotics I got an allergic reaction, or side effect, to the amoxicilin. It was a full-body rash, an itchy rash. My face and scalp were never affected and my palms and soles were the last to be affected. It could have been worse, I could have needed an epi-pen.

I finally got my hardcopy of the Pathfinder core rulebook. I also picked up a book for Chaosium Basic Roleplaying Game; Rome: The Life and Death of the Republic. I bought it for the historical information, etc, not so much for the game info.

I'm trying to write an entry for Obsidian Portal's latest contest. It's to do a write up for a joke game; HamSTARR 2099.

Speaking of contests, Isdihara is doing a giveaway on her blog, in honor of Tatting Day (April 1st). That prize looks scrumptious. And here's one that I'd like to enter (& give the prize to my namesake)

And if you have time in the next day or two, send a postcard to cheer up a girl after surgery.

Here's a book review of a book that intrigues me. It's about members of the SCA, Society for Creative Anachronism. The book is portraits, both photographic and essay/interview, of SCA members.

Assorted linkages
And here's a neat find on Etsy. I'm so tempted by this hosiery.
Ballad of GI Joe
Stone spheres of Costa Rica
Virtual Choir, on YouTube
Political (American politics, don't say I didn't warn): Open Letter to Conservatives (with links to proof, examples)

I have been doing a little tatting, but nothing that particularly thrills me. I'm so unhappy with my current edging that I'm just tatting until I empty the shuttles. Isn't that sad.

I've gotten a couple of lovely emails recently. I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I made a couple scarves for Operation Gratitude to send to military serving overseas, usually in Afghanistan & Iraq. The recipients emailed me a thank you. Isn't that great?! One of them is even from a town not far from where I grew up. Small world, huh?

I'll try to do some more catch up (and edit the last Friday vacation post that I did, complete with photos). But not today.

3 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

ooooo missy - you and I think ALIKE when it comes to politics. The Republicans and the stupid Tea Party folks are making me crazy. At least the Dems are doing something consctructive to help!

Jon Lewis - who I have met and am PROUD to say he's from Atlanta - was one of those in congress who was called the N word.

hope your rash is better!

Crazy Mom! said...

Check out this..
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/27/opinion/27blow.html?ref=opinion

Sewicked said...

My rash is mostly better. A few places still itch but I can sleep at night.

And Dems aren't perfect. If someone can find & point out similar misdeeds on their part, I'll post it.

When Repubs stopped being the fiscally responsible ones, well, they lost my respect completely.