Friday, March 26, 2010

Tatting & scratchies (pictures)

Here's the edging that I did. I'm not happy with how it turned out. I think that if I don't join the points, it will look better. I didn't make those picots long enough. It's an antique pattern that I found on-line. Of course, now I can't find the link.

Here's the unfinished pendant, TotusMel's cameo pendant. It needs to be ironed/pressed and it needs the central bead.
I'm going to do this one again, in perle 5 again, same thread. But I'm going to add silver beads to the outside edge.

Oh, and here's a glimpse of my arm, the 1st day of the amoxicilin reaction. By the Wednesday, my BF was making redskin jokes.

3 comments:

TotusMel said...

Oh, see now the pendant looks just fine!

SEWButterfly said...

Oh my! I love the tatting! I want to learn how to tat. I had a co-worker/friend who was going to teach me, but...life happens. However, I bought a vintage book on how to tat! Another project to start! ;D

Sewicked said...

Thanks, TotusMel. I also want to see how it looks with beads instead of picots on the outside edge.

Stacy, go get a copy of Complete Book of Tatting by Rebecca Jones. The instructions are much easier to understand. Also, check YouTube for videos & Instructables (where TotusMel has some instructions). Georgia Seitz offers an online beginning tatting class, too.