Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Third 'great weekend' Post

Last weekend (June 4th & 5th), I took off early from work on Friday and drove to see my mom. Her older sister is visiting so I got to visit with both of them. I drove home again Saturday afternoon.

This past weekend, we went to the DC area to visit Mike. We did it to see him again, to celebrate his recent work success (his company made a tremendous announcement last week, the reason he hasn't been able to talk about work for months) and his new girlfriend. We drove up Friday and she met us for supper at the Indian place that Mike likes so much (they have southern Indian food and their tv shows Indian music videos & movies). Crossed fingers that it works out for them.

Gaming: We played four games of Pathfinder. Each of us took a turn running. Chris went all out for this, "Mike-Con". He made badges for all of us, had con programs printed up and schedules for each of us. Plus, he had shirts available. Mike-Con: The ultimate in dining & gaming experience. The only disappointment was the free breakfast that the hotel provided. It wasn't absolutely horrible, but the less said the better.

Tatting: I started on the Tardis bookmark for Rosemary. I got all the way to the split chain and realized that I didn't remember how to do it. Since they charged for the internet access at the hotel, I wasn't going to look it up. I've made pretty good progress, though, if I do say so myself.

I have about 3 feet of navy blue edging. I'll try and post a picture later today.

Oh, and despite my less-than-healthy overall eating over the weekend and almost complete lack of exercise, I've lost 2.5 pounds in the last week. Yay!

No comments: