Friday, June 25, 2010

Where Did the Time Go?

Seriously, where did it go?

We went to see Iron Man 2 and Jonah Hex recently. Neither were ground-shakingly incredibe but both were enjoyable movies. IM2 was not quite as good as the first IM but it was acceptable. And Samuel L Jackson rocks at Nick Fury.

Tatting-wise: I got Sherry Pence's The Exquisite Collection of Tatted Butterflies. I made Seven, the 1st butterfly. I started to do it in navy but I ran out of thread after one wing. I went back and did the whole butterfly in navy and green. It's in three pieces; first you tat both wings & then the body joins them.

I started Angelica, the 2nd butterfly. It starts with the body and then the wings. I had gotten to the first wing and realized that I'd read the pattern wrong and would need to start again. I ran out of green (shuttle) thread anyway. That ball of size 20 green is getting quite small, by the way.

I gave Seven to Anne Claire (my mom's friend) in a letter that I sent today. Her mom passed away and I sent a sympathy card to Anne Claire and her husband. At least this time, I remembered to take a picture first.

I'm going to miss the Triangle Tatters meeting tomorrow. I've had plans all week that meant that I would show up towards the end, but then the plans got pushed and now I'm going to miss it entirely. I'll swing by Anitra's and loan her my butterfly book so everyone can drool over it without me. *deep pensive sigh*

Gaming: Mutants and Masterminds last night was great. I missed the last game because of my car breaking down. The GM just ran an 'annual.' That's a one-shot storyline that has no connection to continuity.

The session before that ended on a cliff hanger. Centurion, a hero back from the dead, who we suspected to be an extra-dimensional villainous version called Praetorian, stood up in the middle of the debriefing of our heroes' most recent adventure, said something nice and put a device in the middle of the table. When the heroes roused, it was just like waking up to any morning. Except: no one had any powers, Lady Celtic's revolving closet with her costumes was gone, was her magic circle, my character was living in the dorm instead of in her townhouse/temple and her technology inept self was late for computer class.

It was a great session as our characters tried to figure out where they were and how to get out. Chris was the one who found the key.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I was pleased with Iron Man 2 - it's always a nice surprise when a sequel isn't a huge disappointment!

Love the green and blue threads together!