Monday, July 19, 2010

Movies and Used Bookstore

Movies
We went to see Despicable Me in 3D this weekend.  It was a really funny movie. I had heard good things and it lived up to what I heard. There was one little joke in the movie; very subtle. But from the laughs you could tell where the adults were sitting. Very few children would have gotten that joke.

We also saw an trailer for a movie that looks even better in 3D than in 2D. The one about the owls. In 3D it rocks; like Elvis Presley's hips.

Tatting
I finally finished the Angelica butterfly. I need to do some major blocking for it to look proper. I think I'm doing my lockjoins wrong or something. It won't lay flat.

I registered for Palmetto's. There went my money (what the car repair didn't take).

Used Bookstore
I took a bagful of books to the used bookstore. I spent some money, but took home fewer books than I took. I count that as a success. I got two of the Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson books, Five Red Herrings, a gamebook, and at least two others.

Gaming:
My Dresden Files game books came in (yes another place that my money went, but not nearly as expensive). I've almost finished reading Spirit of Century. I'm so tempted to run a 1 or 2-shot game now.

2 comments:

Joe Tortuga said...

The Dresden files mechanics are about the same as SotC. (Beyond the basic Dresdenverse rules)

Instead of being taken out of combat when the stress meter fills, you can opt to take a temporary (or permanent!) aspect as consequences. Or quit while you're losing with a concession aspect.

It's interesting.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice time. I want to see Despicable Me, but wait until DVD. Did see The Sorcerer's Apprentice wih my husband that we liked.