Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Short Post

Cause I'm not feeling so hot. But here's the shuttle I won (see, it's even an action shot).
It's a David Reed Smith shuttle, made of white oak. Isn't it pretty? It feels good, too. (I really should link to his webpage, he has really pretty stuff, not just tatting shuttles, but like I said, I don't feel very well).

I got the family letters written again. Now I just need to mail them.

I have restarted my sock. Wish me luck.

I finished reading The Meaning of Everything. Very interesting. I really want my own copy of the OED now. Too bad it's 20 volumes, plus 3 addenda. If I could get the CD set, I'd be happy.

Wanna see the yarn bomb? It's grown.

5 comments:

IsDihara said...

Feel better soon! Your action shot rocks!Are you tatting snowflakes?

Is this yarn bomb something you have been watching in your neighborhood or are you a , how shall I say, more active participant? (Hope you won't have to kill me if you tell me...)

shannon_in_love said...

hope you feel better soon :)

Maureen said...

I've been wondering who won that shuttle! - I couldn't remember where I had seen it, so wasn't able to look it up.
Congratulations, and I hope you feel better soon.

Sewicked said...

@Isdihara I finished that snowflake in fact. I know lilac is not traditional, but it's pretty. It's an ice cream snowflake.

I found the yarn bomb. I've seen pictures but this is the 1st time I'd ever seen one in real life. I haven't attempted any yarn bombing myself, but I'm tempted to leave some tatted snowflakes nearby.

@Shannon, thank you. It was a temporary malaise. My current headache has no connection.

@Maureen, I should have linked to the website that had the drawing, too. I'll try to do that in my next post.

Crazy Mom! said...

I drooled over that shuttle and put my name in - I'm glad you won! (Though I wouldn't turn it down....)

Hand in there! Feel better!