Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Progress on Too Many Projects

I have started the test swatch, aka gauge test, for a baby blanket block. It's my 1st ever block so I'm a little anxious about it. I'm going to make a plain block, to hopefully provide some contrast to other, fancier, blocks. I've never really done this before, the test I mean. It's supposed to be a 7" block, so I'm guessing and trying to do a 1" thick strip. We'll see if I'm right.

Next up: continuing progress on Anitra's test patterns. I've blocked one snowflake but I have more to done that need to be blocked.

Nina Libin asked if I'd be her assistant in her split ring beanile class at Palmetto Tat Days. She sent me the tips/instructions and the patterns. I did the test of technique project. And promptly left my shuttles at mom's house. Luckily, I have other shuttles.

Oh wait, I also have 3 scenarios to prep for the con this weekend. If I can't find my pre-printed pregens (pregenerated characters), I'll need to hit a print shop and get them (up to 30) printed. In color. That's not going to be cheap.

I took some flower pictures and since a friend asked about chard, also a picture of that plant, from the edible plant beds by work.
cone flower


chard
I'm still playing Neko Atsume. And I finally got a full house.


I went to see Mom this weekend. Mostly, I tried to get her tv to work, but her DVD suddenly stopped working. We went to the grocery store and she stocked up on easy prep food. We need to decide what to do about her car, though.

No comments: