Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow and Ice

We finally got some wintery weather that amounted to something. In inches, it didn't add up to much, but any ice is bad.

This is after about an hour of snowing. Just after I took this picture it turned to sleet.


This is about 6 pm, and I had only seen two cars since I disembarked the bus. Do I need to say that's unusual?
My bus left as I was heading for it. I couldn't run because of the treacherous footing. I had to wait over a half hour for the next one. I stayed mostly warm, because I dressed for the weather.

As of 2 pm, work was at 'you can leave if you aren't mandatory, just take paid leave', until 11 am on Tuesday, when I looked at 7 am. However, my bus didn't start running until 11 am, a mile away. My stop wasn't going to get service until 3 pm. At that point, I decided it wasn't worth it. I let my supervisor know, he wasn't surprised.

When I happened to look again this afternoon, work and bus were both closed, the announcement made about an hour after I last checked. I'm glad I didn't even try. Apparently, the ice was even worse than I thought.

I found the thread for the booties. Too bad I can't find the same pattern. I found another pattern, though. I'll probably go with that. The thread is Lizbeth #109. I thought I would get more done since I was home all day, but all I did was get the shuttles loaded.

I'm glad I dropped my lettermo letters in the mail over the weekend. They didn't go out yesterday because of the Federal holiday but they'll go out as soon as mail services can resume. Here's one I mailed.
I never did post my final scissors, did I? Here's my final of Jane's TIAS.
As you can tell, I ran of thread on one shuttle. I had enough to finish, and that is what is important. I used what was left on the other to make a Barbara H heart.

By the way, the Japanese heart I've been doing, is about the size of a US quarter in size 20 Lizbeth. 

Saturday, we played Mermaid Adventures again. The narrator says he needs to work on his plots, as we've had some kind of chase scene every adventure. His daughter's character is made for combat, with high body, tough, lucky, and fast swimmer.

For Valentine's Day present, I gave my SO a grater to replace one we had accidentally ruined, the measuring cover part anyway. Then we found out he can get a replacement cover for $.25. Oh well. It's the thought that counts?


No comments: