Friday, November 14, 2003

TGIF & it's payday. Too bad I'm not getting direct deposit, at least until they process the paperwork that I'm changing banks/accounts.

I went & got my flu shot. It took much longer to get there than it did to get the actual shot. The ACC (Ambulatory Care Center) is on the far southern end of campus, past, way past the hospital, about as far as the Dean Dome, or at least Hinton James Dorm is from the rest of campus. I took the bus to the hospital & then walked, at a brisk pace, hoping I could remember where the heck the building is. I was maybe 2 minutes late for my appointment. All things considered that is darn good.

The lady/nurse/medical type person who shot me up turned out to be an old customer from Piece Goods. Took her a minute to realize where she recognized me, since I was not in a smock & it's been 7 years.

Gah, but it's cold out today. The wind of course makes it seem even colder. You know, I have proved, again, that if you are warm when you go out in the cold, you do not perceive quite how cold it is.

I did not get my writing done last night. However, Chris & I bought the tickets for the Ren Festival tomorrow, the one near Concord, and we ate supper at a new place. It's been there for at least a couple years but we've never been. Chris really liked their spicy mustard, definitely not out of some packet. To each their own. Their moo shu is good. I ate 3 of the 4 & took the last one home for leftovers. Maybe I'll eat that for breakfast in the morning.

No comments: