Friday, January 09, 2004

Winter Weather Advisory - URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR DURHAM COUNTY VALID FROM FRI JAN 09 2004 08:35 AM EST UNTIL FRI JAN 09 2004 04:00 PM EST.
831 AM EST FRI JAN 9 2004 ...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM... A MOIST FLOW OF AIR RIDING UP AND OVER COLD AIR AT THE SURFACE... WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE STEADY LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOWFALL THROUGH MID AFTERNOON. THE SNOW MAY MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO LIGHT RAIN SOUTH OF HIGHWAY 64. A TOTAL ACCUMULATION OF TWO TO THREE INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED... WITH THE MOST ACCUMULATION ON GRASSY SURFACES AND VEHICLES. MOTORISTS SHOULD USE EXTRA CAUTION... KEEPING A SAFE DISTANCE AWAY FROM OTHER VEHICLES... AND ALLOWING EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION.

Wheee. The TTA bus arrived to Campus a full 15 minutes later than usual. That made me just on time for work. I did a couple interesting pictures as I waited for the bus of the snow as it fell. By the time the bus picked me up, quite a bit of snow had accumulated. It's very picturesque & more than a trifle dangerous.

I'm almost over the cold that knocked me flat Monday through Wednesday. I came to work yesterday but I was so not at my best. I took a short nap at lunch. Steve, the heating/air guy, noticed today that I looked much better. Since I'm wearing a purple turtleneck again I know that my improved looks are not due to the influence of the colors that I'm wearing.

Last night, I watched Stargate:SG1 on SciFi channel. I'm catching up on the ones from 2nd season, I think. There was nothing that enthused me at 7pm so I watched 100 through 81 of VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties. After that I turned to broadcast tv for Tru Calling & CSI. At 10 it was back to cable as I watched Diagnosis Murder while I tried to finish The Countess by Catherine Coulter. I taped CSI for Chris & I called my mom. I reached her machine, not her. Her friend Dr. Ron Joyner died recently. They worked together at Wesley Long Memorial Hospital Emergency Room. He was a great guy & a gifted doctor. He was so sick recently, that frankly, his death is a relief. He was always so active and to be an invalid like that, trapped in his own body was a living death. He always told the most horrid puns & jokes. Any time my mom started with "Dr. Joyner told me this joke" I braced myself. A couple times I managed to tell my mom a few jokes that she shared with Dr. Joyner.

No comments: