Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Work: Gaaaaah! The e-timesheet system has been driving me nuts today. It kept giving me 'cannot connect to server' errors. Logging off & back on didn't fix it. Restarting the computer didn't fix. Deleting the browser history does seem to fix it. We'll see if the fix lasts.

My student assistant is back. I immediately dropped a stack of invoices to be mailed into his lap and a notebook of old paperwork to shred into his lap. He does get a couple days without the daily reports because I need to revamp them.

Reading: I finally read a short story in Alyssa Day's Poseidon warriors series. It was in an anthology that I've had for months. I think I'm going to have to go find the first book and read it. Oh. Woe is me. Alas and alack. *snerk*

I've almost finished reading the D&D 4e PHB (for the non-gamer that equals Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition Players Handbook). I'm in the combat section. I really do need to play a game before I can truly judge the system.

I pulled out the calligraphy pen to to work on the rest of Mom's present. And realized that I hadn't washed the nib yet so it won't write. I gave Mom a recycled silk yarn scarf for the first part of her present. It's a very long, rectangle scarf of bright fuschia with bands of other colors at the ends. And one of the stripes matches an outfit that she's wearing to a wedding, so it's perfect timing, too.

I'm sitting in a corner of the student stores, in the bookshop (not textbook) section. It's got a patch of carpet surrounded by comfortable chairs and couches. Everyone is reading or working on their laptop (moi & one other person) and being careful to be quiet. Conversation is in low tones, leave to talk on the cellphone, that sort of thing. It's very pleasant.

No comments: