Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cool Website of the Day: Get Well Gamers, a charity that provides game systems & games for kids in long-term care. Apparently, there's some study that shows that playing video games give sick kids a feeling of normalcy & other good stuff. So these folks try to provide them. Take a look for yourself.

Stuff: Last night John & I took his mom out to Bali Hai for supper. They've changed the rating system, now it's 1-20 instead of 1-10. I got the non-spicy while John & his mom got #2. John said that his was a little closer to a 3 or 4 than a 2 but it was still good. Mine was a trifle spicy, I think it was perhaps carryover from an earlier diner. I successfully managed to eat without stuffing myself silly.

Afterwards, we went to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert. I had the Peanut Butter Cup Perfection, in the 'I like it' size. Even then, I only ate about half of it. I put the rest in the freezer when I got home. Mrs. J had chocolate & vanilla with roasted almonds while John had chocolate chocolate chip.

Tatting update:
I finally made the join with the newly loaded shuttle. I only tatted a couple rings but that's a huge hurdle that I was avoiding.

Today's outfit: black tassel loafers; black broomstick skirt with brown & tan flowers & ~floral stripes; black v-neck knit top with 3/4 length sleeves; Celtic andromorph pendant on long coiled chain (almost clashes w/ neckline); Celtic knot earrings (well, Celtic-looking, they're actually from Williamsburg, a Christmas present); Celtic knot ring; flower band & braided hair.

Books: Yesterday I finished The Gourdmother by Maggie Bruce. It's another mystery, this one set in upstate New York. Since I was sitting next to Gloria Small this past Saturday, this book seemed apropos. Other than that, I finished the 3rd volume of Shaolin Sisters & read a bit more of War God's Own by David Weber. It's one of my 'emergency' books on my Palm's ereader.

No comments: