Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pity my neighbor's poor, gullible Bradford pear tree. It apparently believed that spring had arrived and it has blossomed. Just in time for the temperatures to dip into the teens (F). Our tree did not believe, that or its dead. It lost a massive trunk/branch and the tree company did absolutely nothing to protect the open wood. Or perhaps the woodpecker ringed it finally.

On the bright side, there's about 10 hours of sunlight so there's about the same amount of light when I head home as when I leave for work. No more walking home in the pitch black.

Work's been busy. It's report time and that has picked things up a bit. No real surprise there, I guess. I should have expected it, I suppose.

I've lost more fingernails. I don't know if the dry air or if its just me. I'm trying to put moisturizer on my fingernails and I hope it helps them from getting worse.

I've started reading the next (pardon the pun) Thursday Next novel; on a Thursday yet. It's Lost in a Good Book and I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm also trying to catch up on reading my Shojo Beat magazines.

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the Thursday Next novels! They get me thinking about books I've read or thought about reading... good stuff!