Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chris's game: It was kind of quiet, no combat. Instead, we went over what we'd learned with the dwarf commander and he told us the origin of the wheel of cities. He also got Deriot (Diana's character) very, very drunk. He offered the entire group this unusual...wine. Even immunity to poison only helped, did not avert the effects. Chris had everybody do all three saves, reflex (Deriot auto-failed and sprayed most of her drink), will & fort. Deriot ended up singing bawdy songs in funny languages, until she passed out.

Our characters also reported for their new duty. Their orders got mixed & they ended up in the port town, as constables. As in fact, the entire force of constables. Pity the poor confused constables being given scout duty, somewhere on the front lines.

Morning commute soundtrack: Hazy Shade of Winter (Bangles version), Eddie, Bat Out of Hell, Gone to California, Now You See It (Now You Don't), Let's Dance, 3 Small Words & Khavi: Marching Orders.

books: I bought & read Making Money last night, before & after gaming. The bookstore had it on sale, and signed. I only went in to buy a Divine candy bar, but alas, I succumbed to the lure of the latest Terry Pratchett book. And stayed up until midnight to finish it.

writing: I talked to John a little bit after the game & I thought of what to do next with my story. I'm working on the prologue. I don't want to go into too much detail.

tatting: I started the necklace (black thread & black/copper beads) and was only halfway through the first ring & realized that I had 48 of the beads on the ball thread & 1 on the shuttle. Oops. So I retro-tatted and moved the stray bead to join the other 48.

I've decided to do a simple 3 ds (3 p separated by 3 ds) 3 ds ring with 4 bead 4 chain edging for the necklace. I'll add a flower, or maybe a bead & flower at the center when I'm done. I got the idea from the the gold necklace in Lyn Morton's book. If I get really ambitious, I'll join a strip of split chain to it (based on Lyn Morton's choker from the same book).

clothes: black ~slippers, black jeans, dusty rose wrap blouse over grey floral tank (which I was little doubtful about because it's very snug & women of my figure should be very careful about snug, but one of my coworkers said that it's very slimming), silver harp pendant on silver chain, triskele earrings, Celtic knot ring, hematite band, silver band w/ silver ~cord impressed in it,

No comments: