Thursday, October 30, 2008

Okay, someone explain global warming. This is the 2nd morning in a row that we've had frost & it's not even November yet. *grumble, growl, grumble* I should still be wearing light jackets, not pulling out scarves, hats & gloves. I know, I know, it's really part of the natural cycle, but I claim my right to complain about the weather. Nyah.

The Bradford pear by my front door decided to split. This isn't the first fork that it's lost, just the biggest one. It was a bit startling to come home to on Tuesday. I'll try to get a picture of it.

I haven't been sleeping well recently. My cold, aka Fair crud, is partly responsible. When your throat hurts so much that it wakes you up at 3 am, you're not sleeping well. It got bad enough that I took a nap yesterday at lunch & went to bed half an hour early last night & still overslept by half-hour or more.

Gaming: Mutants & Masterminds tonight. At least one person won't be there, I'm betting on Nate. Basically because I would have heard already if one of the other three wouldn't be there. Sunday is supposed to be Rosemary's game but she's already prepping a 4e module, just in case.

Ren Festival: Saturday, Rosemary, Chris, Alyssa & I are going to the Ren Faire near Kannapolis. Christopher & Alyssa are kindly opening their house for us on Friday night so that we'll be there bright & early on Saturday. Christopher is working so he won't be with us but we'll have supper with them both Saturday night. I need to decide if I'm going to dress up or not. If I do, then I need to find a blouse and maybe skirt or something. I have the black & red piratical pants so that's an option, and my bodice is blue reversible to black. Unless the weather changes, I'll need my cape, too.

Politics: I voted Monday. I had the day off anyway, to recover from the Fair & to pick up my entry. I can now ignore all political ads with impunity. I've cast my vote. I'm done. There's been so much mudslinging, by everybody (as far as I can tell) that I feel like I need to do laundry twice a day just to get rid of the splashes.

Mom called on Tuesday. She got the scam info that I mailed her last week but I missed the message that she left for me over the weekend. We caught up a little. I won't get to see her until Thanksgiving, so phone calls are going to have to do.

Tatting: my bookmark (at the Fair).

1 comment:

Kathy Raker said...

Your bookmark is lovely, you surely won a prise.