Thursday, August 05, 2010

12 Pounds Down and Tatting

Okay, so maybe I'm bragging a little, but it's really nice to see my clothes fitting again. Except today's skirt. For some reason, the back zipper makes an 's' shape, like I have a tail stub poking my skirt.

I would post pictures, as I finally got my camera to work again. Except, I can't find my memory card reader.

Tatting:
Finished a bracelet for Namesake, but I think it's too small. It's blue perle 5 cotton with plastic flower beads.

I guess it will be a doll's bracelet. I made two DMC perle 12 ecru cross bookmarks, for a WWII vet and his companion (he's in his 80's, after all). The vet is a Navajo Codetalker and he's coming to talk at the Marine Corps League National meeting next week. I made a bookmark for UNC's adult literacy program (burgundy & mauve DMC perle 12).

Gaming:
I almost finished Spirit of the Century. I really like it. I want to run a session at Mace. Other game books that I've picked up: the second edition of Ironclaw, Dresden Files, Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies, and a gaming aid Eureka: 501 Adventure Plots to Inspire Game Masters.I want to run a game of Ironclaw, too but I haven't figure out which edition.

No comments: