Thursday, August 11, 2011

No Pictures Today

My sock is making progress, but other than length, it looks the same. I should take a picture of my bracelet in progress, except I'm a little disgusted. I ran out of thread.

One of the ladies at the Tri-Tatter's meeting on Saturday showed us something she had just learned. It's called Zentangles.  Despite not having the recommended tools (smooth heavy paper, like watercolor paper & micron pens), I gave it a whirl. I did have a little bit of trouble getting started, because I had trouble thinking of pattern to use. I can see the attraction. I should have turned off the phone or at least turned down the ringer. I was just getting meditative when it would interrupt.

Speaking of Triangle Tatters, we had the meeting on Saturday. They bumped us from our original room because the event in the neighboring room was using the sound system and due to the room design, we would not have been able to hear ourselves think. They gave us the study room instead. I'm sure it was more noise than that room had heard in a long time (if ever). There were 9 of us this time, including the same woman I helped last time. She'd bought Rebecca Jones's book but could not see the correlation between what I told her at the last meeting and the instructions in the book. That's probably because I apparently use half Riego method & half traditional method. I changed my style enough to be all traditional (or was it Riego) so this woman only had one set of instructions to follow. 

My laptop is currently stuck in 'logging off' mode. I'm not sure why. I'm going to try to outwait it and see if that helps.

I am on Google+. It's been interesting. I even got Hangout to work. I talked to a woman in Ireland. Pretty cool.






No comments: