Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas (belated)

Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. I drove down to see my Dad, stepmom, et al. The presents were well-received. The weather was nice and traffic was not too bad.

I finished a bracelet (the silver and black beads one). I've started another one using hand-dyed thread. It's only the 2nd time I've used hand-dyed thread. This one is shades of black and brown and I'm using silver/clear beads.


Here's a neat idea I got from another blogger: 2012 TBR pile challenge. I'm going to try and pick out 14 books tonight. The challenge is to pick out 14 books that have sat on your TBR pile for a year or more and read 1 a month. You pick 14 so you can discard 2.

My dad and stepmom came to meet me for lunch at work. That was really nice. I've been here for 10 years and it's only the 2nd time Dad has even seen the building. It's the first time either one had seen my office. Only 1 of my co-workers was in the office at the time.

Short post today.

No comments: