Monday, August 15, 2016

RPGaDay 15

*Your best source of inspiration for RPGs*
That's another tough question. I get inspired by books, by movies, by tv shows, by news articles. by other games, and by notes in the game books. For example, the first adventure I wrote and ran at a con was based on stories of lost holy relics. It was one part from a Brother Cadfael mystery, one part from Victorian antique collectors, and one part from a note in the game book about territory changing hands.

My most recent Pathfinder character was inspired by a short reference about an NPC's background in a Pathfinder adventure (she's the NPC's daughter). I've had one inspired by a special character race boon in Pathfinder Society, and my Deadlands character was inspired by the real story of Bass Reeves.

No comments: