Friday, October 13, 2006

Sleep, marvelous sleep Last night I skipped CSI and went to bed early. I woke up. I woke up on time. I have energy! Sleep is a wonderful thing.

I got my flu shot yesterday. That was chore. It's a 20-minute walk to the building where they scheduled it & that building has a different label on the campus map. I find the building & enter, learning that I'm one floor down from where I need to be. So I take the stairs. At the landing the sign says 'exit only, no entrance'. So down the stairs, find a different set & up I go. Find the room & learn that they've moved! Now I follow the directions, through 2 other, connected, buildings to find the correct room. Miraculously, I was only 10 minutes late. Needless to say, that took up most of my lunch hour (50 minutes of it, I spent 5 minutes in the Ram shop checking out their iPod sale).

Tatting update: I've almost finished the purple & grey bead necklace. It needs one more ring; with jump ring & fastener. I've already put the fastener on the jump ring. I just need to thread the jump ring onto the thread and tat it into place.

I got the bookmark from Lotus (etatter). It's lovely. It's a variant of Rebecca's (tatmom03) cross with a split chain tail & a tassel.

BOOKS: I read Seducing the Spy by Celeste Bradley. It was good, I enjoyed it. The heroine was quite atypical; a ruined woman who's not bitter. I've been reading March Upcountry on my Palm but was really in the mood to read We Few. So I went ahead & bought the latter for my Palm. I'm having a problem with it, with all my ebooks, though. The formatting! I can see every html command & it's very distracting. It's the worst in We Few, though. A three word sentence is surrounded by three lines of text. I'm trying a different ereader to see if that helps.

Outfits: Yesterday's; blue 2005 NCAA Men's Basketball Champs polo, my 'new' navy blue slacks (White Stag brand), brown half boots, braided hair, moonstone earrings & cabochon pendant, paui shell ring & flower band.

Today's; braided hair, burgundy silk shirt (that I've just noticed has some bleached spots on it - collar, pocket & a couple small ones on one sleeve cap..and a spot on the same sleev's cuff), black vest striped with embroidery in burgundy, tan & black, black jeans, black socks & black tassel loafers. My jewelry are the simple onyx & silver earrings, three phases of womanhood pendant, flower band & the red stone & black stone bands.

No comments: