Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lack of posts: I had a problem with my blog & I wasn't able to post the past few days. There's a little bit of catch up as a result (I may have to break it up into multiple posts).

Movies: We went to see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer on Sunday. I wish we'd waited until it hit the $1.50 theater. It wasn't a bad movie, it was just 'eh'. Once again, they tried to cram too much into it. It was a drama movie with superheroes, not a superhero movie.

weather: spotty thunderstorms. So muggy this morning ( before 8 am) that when I got off the bus, my glasses fogged up. I had one thin strip of clear vision on the right lens.

Sight of the day: Two African-American friends greeting each other - one man says to the other, 'Give me that Negro hug' and they do the male hug (clasp hands, hug & pound twice on the other guy's back). After they hugged, the other guy shook his head & laughed, "Same old Keith*" and they both laughed. *not his real name.

books: Resurrection Man, vol 1 MeruPuri, vol 1 Venus versus Virus, vol 1 Me and My Brothers, vol 6 Her Majesty's Dog, vol 4 Satisfaction Guaranteed, vol 6 Versus V2, Dragon Heat, re-read Silver Lining & [fill in later].

letters: New cards (pink flowers & organza bows); pack of 8. Finished letters to my Dad's sisters & both great-aunts.

clothes: blood donation t-shirts Saturday & Sunday with blue jeans & navy loafers. Monday black jeans with white cotton gauze blouse (very 70's peasant, with drawstring at neck & sleeves, & elastic ~waist) embroidered with pastel flowers around the shoulders & front, plus ~slippers, & moonstone jewelry. Hair worn down & loose until too hot, then up in a ponytail/bun.

Today: black gauze blouse embroidered with silver & sequins; stripe/floral/print gauze skirt in black, purple, grey, burgundy & teal; ~slippers, black stone ring, flower band, hematite ring, silver hash mark ring, tatted necklace & earrings. My hair is up in a ponytail for lack of anything better.

No comments: