Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weather Another rainy day. I hear that, if you measure rainfall, the drought is over. Although, if you look at that state of the ground water, I don’t think that’s the case. This is probably from Ike’s bands, I think.

letters I lost the stamps that I bought last week, so I bought more today & finally mailed my letters. I wanted to get them out over the weekend; oh well.

Gaming This weekend, it’s more Living Forgotten Realms. One of the players can’t make Rosemary’s home game, so we’ve scheduled an LFR adventure instead. Rosemary will be running Inheritance, the one that I ran a couple weeks ago.

Thursday, it’s our regular Mutants & Masterminds game. I missed the last session, so I’m not sure what’s going on. Since I’m the one who takes the notes; there’s no one to fill me in either, not in any detail. Maybe they only had an Annual (a short story that is not part of the current continuity).

work We had another fire alarm today. Everyone stood outside in the rain, or went to the nearest store, and waited for it to be over. It takes 15-20 minutes before they clear the building (ie report that it’s safe to go back inside). I had left my umbrella under my desk to dry, from when I went out at lunch. Luckily, I was able to share the umbrella of the woman who works just outside my office. I dropped my change purse & saw it when I started back inside, thank goodness. That coin purse was a gift, from Guatemala, yet.

The walking group has restarted. I went to the kick off at lunch. Since it was so wet, we walked around indoors. My hip may be in the local paper (the photographer took a picture of my pedometer). We only walked for about 15 or so minutes, but that’s better than nothing, right?

TV We watched more of Diners, Drive-ins & Dives last night; as well as the Closer. I really like those two shows. Some of those dishes that Guy tries, though, I would not touch. It’s not that I think that they’re bad or anything, I just have a very low spicy threshold. Last night’s Closer was the EE episode. It was really funny watching Brenda being carried down the stairs; twice.

No comments: