Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weight Loss and Other Matters

Just about a month and a half ago a friend, upon my request, recommended that I try Spark People for my weight loss/health. In that time I've lost about eight pounds, 2 inches and gotten a lot more exercise.

I haven't been tatting like I would like to be. I misplaced my copy of the butterfly pattern and I had loaned out the book. No tatting that pattern until I found it. Plus, I would really like to make a couple more bracelets, for my niece and for my namesake.

I bought some new gaming books. I finally got a hardcopy of Spirit of the Century and I picked up one about Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies, plus the absolutely lovely fourth edition of the Legend of the Five Rings game. I also bought the PDF of the 2nd edition of Ironclaw. I'm alternating reading Ironclaw and Spirit.

I know that this is short and pictureless but I just wanted to get a post up.

2 comments:

SEWButterfly said...

Congratulations on weight loss! Go, girl! (I need some inspiration... and, then read your blog)! Hope you find your book to complete tatting your butterfly pattern! I would love to see it!

;D

Sewicked said...

Hey, if you go to Spark people, tell them I sent you (Sewicked). I've gotten some really good support & there are lots of great tools (nutrition tracker, exercise tracker, exercise demos, etc).