Sunday, August 02, 2020

Back to Work

I went back to work on Monday. I took transit (bus). I was a little worried because they're only accepting 10 riders at a time. So far, the most people on 1 ride have been 5, including the driver.

I'm adjusting to wearing a mask most of the day and I now have a spare mask in a desk drawer, just in case.
I finished Tonya's fingerless mitts and almost finished Alisa's. It's a very quick pattern in bulky yarn. They're not fancy but warm and cute.
This discussion about knitting kind of baffles me. I can see about being a little unsure about yarn substitutions, especially when just starting out and reluctant to spend lots of money on supplies. I've had some bloopers when trying out yarns different than called for (see my dice bag nee sock), but I've also had some great success (see my sorbet shawl).

I got four letters (replies) in the mail this week. I've written responses to 2 of them and put 1 in the mail. I used some old note cards I found in the thrift shop. They're one-piece cardstock that fold over and closed with a matching seal/sticker.
I downloaded an app for my phone (I have a phone that can handle apps! Wow!) called Seek. It identifies plants, animals, and insects. You take a picture and it tries to get to species. Some plants have stalled at dicots. But I did spot an eastern cottontail and a muscadine vine. It's a little slow to process (no instant gratification, sadly) but I've been looking for something like this for years. Literally.

The Goulet pen I ordered is nice but I need to use it more to really get a feel for it.
But I did write a poem. I originally wrote the poem back in December but I like how I wrote this out in ink. The title is "I'm Not Poor" & I wrote it out on blank pages from a pocket calendar.

Students come back starting tomorrow. Hopefully, this week the plexiglass for over my counter will be installed. It's a measure of safety for me, as a barrier between me and visitors.

I pinned out the coronavirus doily and I think I'm ready to start round 5. I just need to load my shuttles. I think I'll use Elderberry Jam for the next round.

And in case it's not clear, BLACK LIVES MATTER
Support LGTBQ+
Close ICE
Defund police (leave them with the crime fighting, not social services, etc).

No comments: