Sunday, August 09, 2020

Memories

Dad sent me a few things in the mail. Two of them are brass etuis; he said they're from Cone Mills. One says 'textile needles' and other (mostly) reads 'Torrington needles.' Aren't they neat?! One side is lightly indented to make pulling the ends apart possible. The picture is below because despite my attempts, I could not load it into place or move it once it was uploaded. Seriously, I meant to post this on Friday but the picture just would not cooperate.

He also sent his keychain. Layers of wood and he thought it was interesting (he's right). Also a Marine Corps sticker. I put it on my iPad case, opposite my LGBTQ sticker.

And the coronavirus doily has like 10 rounds. Uh oh. At 4 rounds, it's about 9" or so. I had to use a box to block because my blocking pad isn't big enough. Round 5 is in progress. 

Oh, the plexiglass was installed Monday, It's a quick process (they had already measured and cut it). They put these clips on the metal strips that hold the ceiling tiles. Then, metal chains ending in S hooks connect the clips and the plexiglass, which just hangs there. There's a small gap over the counter, so I can still handle lost and found without circling my counter, which would defeat the purpose of the plexiglass.

On Wednesday, I lost my phone. I was slipping it into my pocket as the bus came and I guess I missed. I checked the stop after work and there was no sign of it. I've called it but no one has answered. I called the bus company lost and found, but they haven't seen it. My contact information scrolls across the lock screen, so in theory whoever found it can contact me. It's not that it's an expensive phone, but I just got it. And I spent a lot of time typing in my contact list again. 

I finally mailed these mitts to Richard's daughter. She's young enough and small enough they should fit. They are too small and tight for me or for Alisa. If they haven't arrived already, they should arrive soon.

No comments: