Wednesday, October 18, 2023

And the results are....

 One blue ribbon

Metallic tatted pendant with raised center; chains spiral out with 6 rings, with a single bead each, forming star points. NC State Fair blue ribbon and tag hang with it. Department: Handicraft. Division: Amateur Adult Handicraft (with green sticker to visually mark division). Class: 38 - Jewelry, Mixed Media. Jewelry- see premium book for details. Name and city are obscured. 

It's always uncertain about my tatted entries in non-tatting categories. But apparently they judges like this one. I really hope the judges left comments.

framed tatted square doily made of 4 square pinwheels, with blue ribbon
This is what surpassed my framed piece (the only one in a tatting category). I've done this pattern, although not 4 of them to make 1 doily. It's so pretty, isn't it? I know the tatter and she's really good.
Draped embroidered handkerchief highlighting embroidery. Corner is embroidered with flowers, tatted edging also floral, echoing colors of largest embroidered flowers, and tatted butterfly matching 2ndary flowers.
I really thought my hankie would do better. It's size 80 for goodness sakes. But it's not an original pattern so maybe that eliminated it. On the other hand, they did an absolutely lovely job displaying it.
Eastern style NC barbecue and cole slaw as a fried pie
I'm at the fair. Of course, I have to try some fried food. Unlike my younger years, I didn't eat my way from one side of the fair to the other.
2nd place in Adult Clothing (I think), chiffon evening dress with gathered bodice and beaded waist. Other garments hung on wall behind it.
I don't know who made this, I'm not even in this category. But it's such a lovely dress.
Garden competition; 2 skeletons moving a body-shaped plastic bag, standing by a dug hole with assorted warning signs, 'keep out' etc

This was in the garden competition. This one is my fave.


Split ring bracelet with 2 disk beads sets

I made a split ring bracelet. I need to find my jewelry findings. The brown color isn't typical for me but I wanted to do something understated.

My tablet (my main 'camera') was low on power so I took photos with my phone camera, too. I just need to download them. I'll save them for next week. And talk about what I photographed.


No comments: