Wednesday, October 11, 2023

State Fair season

 The NC State Fair opens at midday on Thursday, October 12th this year. So by the time this posts, the judging should be over.

First, my only entry in a tatting (plus) category, framed non-threaded needlework, which includes tatting, bobbin lace, etc.

Fancy frame with a 4 tatted flowers; 2 from the same pair of leaves, a much shorter similar one with a tatted stem, & one of small tatted circles

My original design in the mixed media jewelry category, Solar Flare. I need to write this up so I can submit to teach it at Palmetto Tat Days.

6 pointed star with raised center, rows of chains & 6 rings with a single bead, hung from a chain

Heritage craft, tatting edging on a vintage, embroidered hankie. I also added the butterflies (to cover holes in the hankie). This is before I washed and ironed it.

Vintage handkerchief with embroidered flowers, floral tatted edgings in matching colors, a couple of small tatted butterflies

And ornament, tatted snowflake. I have to find where I got this pattern because I don't remember.

6-pointed snowflake in 3 rounds; 6 rings in center, pairs of rings joined to them connected with chains, & last round has clovers forming the star points.

Tri-Tatters met/demo'ed at Mordecai on the 4th. We had 1 new person join and another tatter we hadn't seen in ages was able to tat with us. After, Anitra & I went by the fairgrounds to drop of entries (mine & Martha's). 

I have 2 projects now; another hair bun cover (like my failed doily) and writing out the pattern for Solar Flare and tatting another one. 

No comments: