Monday, November 13, 2023

Halloween and after

 October 30th? Sunny, warm, and almost summery.

October 31st? Cold, damp, and blustery. 

Kind of changed my plans on what I was going to wear. I was going to dress as a Hollywood pirate. Instead, I wore vaguely Renaissance (don't look for accuracy, I'm wearing my rainboots). Alas, my hair would not behave and kept falling down all day.

Blonde white woman in white long sleeves shift, with floral embroidered ribbon on the hem and different embroidered ribbon in a stripe down each sleeve. Over it is a red apron dress. Her hair is falling down


Double alas, the weather kept the trick or treaters away, too. I really look forward to see what they'll wear. There's these 2 girls that I have watched grow up. And there's this 1 toddler I hope to see again (although it's been 4 years and I may not recognize her). 

Luckily, we didn't buy heaps of candy. Not as much to eat or foist off onto others. 

The Saturday after was NC Regional Lace Fall Lace Day. Not that I remembered to take pictures. I met two potential tatters, Karla and Amber. I forgot I had signed up to make the felt hedgehog pincushion. Luckily, Carolyn K reminded me.



I finished it later.

NCRL is considering sending in a bid to host the IOLI convention in 2024. At this point, they're gauging member interest and evaluating what we locals would have to do vs what the national group would be doing.

 

 


No comments: