Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I'm so sad and so mad

This is a very interesting article on what Salt Lake City is doing to resolve the issues of chronic homelessness in their city. Make sure to watch the video at the end. Part of the current mayor's dedication to the matter was when he and a colleague spent three days homeless to get an inside view.

Oh, here's a cicada I spotted on Friday.

The Deadlands game on Friday went well. Our prisoner/informant was stupid. Not only did he decide to escape while we were busy dealing with the mining camps but he stabbed the kid who tried to stop him. We patched up the kid and pursued Pyper (the rat chimera prisoner). Of course, a couple characters had been wanting to kill him for ages, and only the Catholic priest and sort of my character prevented it, because you don't kill prisoners. After he stabbed the kid, I wasn't as keen on not killing Pyper. And oops, he got killed while we were pursuing him.

The construction on the road where my work bus stop usually is finally wrapped up. Originally, it was supposed to be done by August 5th and then they changed it to the 11th. They actually got it done the 9th but they didn't move the stop. The stop was back in its usual place on Monday, thankfully. I didn't mind the walk so much but the construction threw the bus schedule off.

I went to see Mom on Saturday. It was a last minute decision, because I was waiting to find out when the August Tri-Tatters meeting was set (for the 19th). I grabbed a couple things for her (box of facial tissues, a 12-pack of Dr. Pepper, and some chocolate) before I headed her way. We went to lunch and then hit the dollar store. She got tired before we finished hitting all the aisles but we picked up a few things for her; nuts, candy, etc and some things for me; book cover, candy, etc. I forgot to stop and pick up Cheerwine, though. Alas, she decided to hand off the Kindle to me. She hasn't been able to master using it.

Here's an old picture she has of me and my brother. Guess which one is which.
When I got back, I heard about the events in Charlottesville, VA. Sunday, I called my Republican congressmen, telling them to either make their voices heard condemning this or I'll understand they condone it (see Trump's statement) and consider them as aiding and abetting racism and Nazis. I try not to get political here, but how spineless do you have to be to not say 'hey, I don't support Nazis'?

And here's just a lovely picture of a water drop on a kale leaf. Surface tension for the win.
coneflower?



No comments: