Tuesday, August 22, 2017

RPGaday2017 day 22

#RPGaday2017 day 22
 What RPG is easiest for you to run?

Fate and Fate Accelerated have the rules-light ease as well as players contributing to world building to ease running. On the other hand, I've run an Ironclaw one shot with 5-minutes of thought. It was a simple plot (catch the bandit, rescue the kidnapped noble scion), but I know the rules thoroughly enough and foes are classed by challenge level and die size.

FATE and FAE are often cinematic so you can be fast and loose with reality. Ironclaw magic is one of the easiest I've ever seen.* I'd say it's a toss up for either one of those (yes, I'm lumping FATE and FAE together, pbbbt)

*Roll stat and magic skill. Did you beat spell difficulty? Do you have the spell points? You cast it.

No comments: